Friday, January 2, 2009

South Facing Windows - Before & After

Sketch of New Front Windows


When my husband and I first saw this house for sale, we were intrigued by the large windows, but this place had zero curb appeal for me.  Look at the ratty green canopy that came with the house. Yuck!  Since then, we redid the windows in keeping with the previous style, however, incorporated some fun frosted glass designs.  The frosted window on the right side of the second story is where the new Master Bath will be.  The lower frosted window conceals the armoire that we use as a coat closet!

In late 2007, my hubby + I bought a Mid-Century townhouse designed by architect Homer Rissman in the Lakeview neighborhood of Chicago.  For the past year and a half we have been doing various remodeling projects to give this place a more modern feel but also protecting the architectural integrity of it.  We have put a lot of work into this place.  I decided to start this blog to document the "Before" + "After" shots of what we have done to this special house.

No comments:

Post a Comment